Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Tomato Aspic........

When I want something a little different, I look through my Gram's recipes. I can always find something I had forgotten about. Like, prune whip, jellied chicken loaf and the list goes on. Today, I saw Tomato Aspic and I decided to make it for my supper.
Tomato Aspic
1 can tomato soup
1 small package lemon jell-o
1 cup hot water
1 tsp vinegar
1 tsp sugar
1/4 cup sliced celery
1/4 cup chopped green pimento olives
Dissolve the jell-o in the hot water. Add the sugar and vinegar. Mix 3/4 cup jell-o with the  tomato soup. Then add rest of jell-o to the mixture. I use the quick chill method with ice cubes to chill the jell-o mixture. Chill until jell-o mixture gets like a thick syrup and add the celery and olives and let sit in refrigerator till set. You want the celery and olives to stay suspended in the jell-o mixture. So you want it thick but not set when you add the celery and olives to it. 
Till next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment