Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Homemade French Dressing.........

If you are a fan of French Dressings, don't buy those bottles of preservative dressings. French dressing is so easy to make. I can make a whole bottle of it in my blender in just a few minutes. There are so many recipes on the Internet; you can just pick one that sounds good to you. My recipe does not use tomato soup or ketchup. The paprika makes it orange. If you like it less sweet, just cut back on the sugar. Simple.
French Dressing
1/3 cup vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp celery seed
2 tsp paprika, not smoked
1 cup of vegetable oil, (I use Crisco)
Beat until thick.This makes approximately  1 pint of dressing.
After it is thick, you can add 2 Tbsp grated onion. But I like to add the onion to my salad and not the dressing. It's just a personal choice.
Till next time.........

No comments:

Post a Comment