Sunday, October 2, 2016

Coconut Macaroons Dipped.........



In all the years that I have made coconut macaroons, I have never dipped them in chocolate until I read it on the Internet. I mean really, shouldn't that have been one of my first thoughts. I love chocolate and it can only improve the taste of the macaroon. Right? You can dip the bottom of the macaroon in chocolate like this one. Or you can dip the top part in chocolate. I prefer dipping the top in. But let's face it, you can dip the whole thing in chocolate!! This is a prize winning recipe. So enjoy.
Coconut Macaroons
1 1/3 cups flaked coconut
1/3 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
2 egg whites
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
In a small bowl, combine the coconut, sugar, flour and salt. Whisked the egg whites till frothy and add to the coconut along with the vanilla; mix well. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto greased baking sheets or parchment paper. Bake at 325° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 1-1/2 dozen.

Till next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment