Friday, June 3, 2016

Italian Dressing........

I have tried many Italian Dressings and none of them was I fond of. So many of them have ingredients I can't even pronounce and are thick from emulsifiers and preservatives. Yuck!!
Anyway, while browsing the recipes I found this one. It is said to be a family favorite. I made it this afternoon. Then I had a lovely salad for my supper with this dressing. So good. It will be my favorite from now on! 
Italian Dressing
1 1/3 cup olive oil
3 1/2 tablespoons vinegar
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

Add all of the ingredients to a salad shaker, mason jar or other container. Close with a tight-fitting lid and shake for about 10 seconds to combine. Let it sit for 2 hours and let the flavors do their thing. Leftover dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Till next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment