Friday, April 1, 2016

Avocado Dressing...........


Avocados are something I never paid much attention to. They were mushy and bland in my book. But.......I have since learned they make a delicious addition to a sandwich or wrap. They also make a great dressing. So that's what I am making today. I want to use it for a shrimp salad I am making later on.




Avocado Dressing
1 avocado, ripe
1 clove garlic
1/2 Tbsp fresh lime/lemon juice
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1/4 tsp ground pepper
water 
Put all ingredients in small food processor, blend and scrape down sides a few times. Thin dressing with water 1/4 to 1/2 cup, to right consistency. Keep in airtight container, will keep for about a week. Makes one cup of dressing.

That's the basic recipe, you can also add some onion or red pepper flakes or hot sauce to it. Depends on how much you want to "jazz" it up. If you are serving it for guests, you can dice a little tomato to serve on top.
I have the perfect bowl for my Avocado Dressing. It's an avocado bowl. How perfect is that!!
Till next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment