Saturday, October 18, 2014

Apple Season..........

It's the season for wonderfully ripe apples. That wonderful time of year when your kitchen smells like apple pie and apple butter cooking. The best thing about fall is not Halloween, it's apples. Imagine all the goodies, caramel apples, taffy apples, apple pie, apple crisp, apple pudding and homemade apple butter that you've made and canned for the winter. YUM!

One of my favorites is apple crumb pie. Then add a scoop of vanilla ice cream and it's the perfect dessert. A friend gave me a lot of apples so I have several bags of apples in my freezer for this winter. I definitely want to make some apple butter before the apple season is over. Nothing in this world smells as good as apples and spices cooking on your stove.
Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment