Thursday, August 21, 2014

Spicy Garlic Chicken......

I read about this marinade, and I had to give it a try. It gave the chicken that little extra something without being overpowering. As with any recipe, I changed it according to my own taste. It really added a depth of flavor and was so good. This is definitely a "keeper" in my house!
Spicy Garlic Chicken Marinade
3 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup Lemon juice/Orange juice or Lime (I used lemon)
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 Tbsp dried onion flakes
3 tbsp minced garlic
2 tsp red pepper flakes
2 tsp Italian seasoning
1 tsp black pepper
2 tsp salt
Put the chicken in a Ziploc freezer bag and put the marinade in on top of it. Massage it good to get all the flavors blending together and then get as much air out of the bag as possible, so the marinade is covering the chicken, seal and refrigerate for 4 hours. Put the Ziploc bag on a plate or in a bowl to prevent any spillage. Then grill or roast the chicken. I roasted mine and basted it with the glaze 3 times during the cooking time.
Glaze

1/3 cup orange marmalade
1 tsp rice vinegar or citrus juice
1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 tbsp water
Put all ingredients in a microwave safe mug and warm to blend flavors, DO NOT BOIL! 
Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment