Saturday, August 16, 2014

Rosy Peach Jam........Pickled Beets.....

Peaches are in full season now and so ready for making cobblers, jam, freezing or just eating sliced in a bowl. It's been a busy morning for me; as I have been making jam. Nothing is better after working hard; than hearing that familiar "ping" of your jars sealing. Then standing back and looking at the beautiful jars of rosy peach jam. As you can see, I got 8 jars of variable sizes and.....they all sealed! (and of course, a tad bit just to taste and for morning toast!)
Rosy Peach Jam
5 cups peaches, chopped
2 cups crushed pineapple
7 cups sugar
1 pkg peach jello
1 pkg strawberry jello
I use my food processor to chop the peaches, so quick and easy. Just pulse them till they are the coarseness you want. Then cook the peaches, pineapple and sugar for 20 minutes. Add a small pkg of peach jello and strawberry jello. Stir till the jello is dissolved. Take off the heat and pour into sterilized jars and seal. I water bath my peach jams for 10-12 minutes.   Enjoy!
NOTE: For a more peachy flavor use 2 pkg of peach jello and no strawberry jello.
I also made a pint of pickled beets today. They turned out yummy as well.

Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment