Sunday, August 10, 2014

Freezer Bread and Butter Pickles......

When gifted with cucumbers, I make pickles. These are Freezer Bread & Butter Pickles. I used my trusty food processor to cut them. It saves so much time and work. Certainly not like the old days, of cutting them with a knife. I did the same thing with some onion. Soaked them for 2 hours in an icy salt brine, rinsed them off and now they are in the pickling syrup in the fridge for 24 hours. So tomorrow, I will package them for the freezer. This winter they will be so yummy. It seems everyone has their own favorite pickling syrup recipe. I have several that I trade off on. I just use whatever strikes me on that day. When my family was young, I used to make pickles by the gallon jars. We had a second fridge that I used; just to put Refrigerator Pickles in. I used a meat slicer then to cut the cucumbers. In case I was in a hurry and forgot to say thanks for the cucumbers, THANK YOU SO MUCH!!
Till next time..... 

No comments:

Post a Comment