Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Marie Callender Meals.....

If you are like me, sometimes you need a quick but nourishing meal. Marie Callender has always been thought of as a great brand. However, and this is only my humble opinion, I was disappointed in her frozen meals. I found the chicken to be delightful, the mashed potatoes, average and the corn was way over cooked. I followed the microwave directions to a tea.

Next, I tried the Creamy Chicken and Shrimp in a Parmesan Alfredo Sauce. This time, I used the conventional oven method. The chicken and shrimp were cooked nicely. The summer squash and broccoli were over cooked and the pasta was way over cooked. The sauce was very sparse. So again, I was disappointed. I have one more to try.
The last of the three I bought, is the Beef and Broccoli with rice. This time, I am going to thaw the dinner out, and then heat it in a conventional oven. Hopefully, that will keep it from overcooking the veggie and rice.
All in all, I have been disappointed in the frozen meals. If anyone has had a nice experience, I would love to hear from you. I won't be buying anymore of them. Sorry, Marie, I was disappointed. P.S. I cooked them for the least amount of time. I can't imagine what they would have tasted like if I cooked them for the longer time.
Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment