Friday, July 25, 2014

Chicken Loaf.......

This recipe was given to me by a neighbor in 1961, so I guess that classifies it as vintage. She had fixed it for their dinner and the aroma from her apartment was so yummy; I had to ask what she had made. She offered the recipe and who was I to say no!! The best part of this recipe is that it is good hot or cold the next day. Just fix a nice salad and slice off some of the chicken loaf. Even my husband liked it cold; which meant I could make it again. This is not a gelatin loaf.

Chicken Loaf
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1 chicken, roasted
1 cup mushroom soup
2 cups soft bread crumbs
3 eggs
parsley
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 small onion, minced
1/4 cup green pepper
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp paprika
Roast chicken till tender and take off of the bones. Then combine chicken and other ingredients. Bake in greased loaf pan in a pan of water for 1 1/2 hours at 350 degrees. 
Till next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment