Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Strawberry Jam.......

My summer has officially started. I made my first batch of strawberry jam for the season. The berries were so fresh, red and plump that I could not resist buying some. Of course, the fact that they were on sale certainly coerced me into buying a few quarts. How could I resist berries that looked like this!! Next came preparing the jars, lids and getting the canning pot ready.
Finally, after a bit of washing, hulling, cutting, mashing and cooking, the end result was eight jars of beautiful red, delicious, strawberry jam. I use the recipe in the Certo box. It is quick, easy and very good. It is listed under the "cooked jam and jelly".
Now I ask you, isn't it worth the work, when the end result is jam that looks as pretty as this! Before the good strawberries are gone, get off the couch, turn off the TV and make some jam! I won't make jam again till peach season comes and I like the white peaches for jam. Well that's what I say now, but if I see some more nice strawberries on sale, who knows what will happen.
Till next time.......



No comments:

Post a Comment