Monday, April 21, 2014

Waffles.......

Waffles to me, are the quintessential breakfast, partnered with several strips of bacon. Although I don't make them often, I truly believe there is not a better breakfast to be had anywhere. It's kind of like having bananas foster on a waffle. I remember watching my Mom make these in her kitchen while I sat on a stool beside her.
Waffles
1 1/2 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
4 Tbsp butter, melted
1 Tbsp sugar
1 cup sweet milk
2 eggs, separated
Beat the egg yolks and set aside. Beat the egg whites in another bowl and set aside. Mix the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar in still another large bowl. Add the milk, butter and beaten egg yolks, then gently fold in the beaten egg whites. Preheat and then grease your waffle iron and you are ready to make some great waffles. Top them with butter, strawberries, bananas or maple syrup. (don't forget the whipped cream.) You can't go wrong, no matter what you top these light waffles with.
Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment