Sunday, September 1, 2013

Twice Baked Potatoes........

Sometimes you get a bargain at the grocery store and then if you don't use it up real fast, it spoils. So today I was faced with Russet Potatoes that needed to be used up. Seriously, how can I eat 7 potatoes in a hurry. My answer was to make twice baked potatoes and freeze them. So into the oven they went early this morning. About 1 hour and 15 minutes later, they were ready to scoop out and get mashed up.

If I had planned to make them, I would have picked all the same size. But there wasn't any choice, they had all come in a 5 lb bag. So the sizes were what I would call assorted. But it all worked out. I added sour cream, egg, butter, salt and pepper, parsley and milk to the potatoes and mashed it all up. Then I added some grated cheddar cheese. After a thorough mix, it was ready to scoop into the potato shells. 
This is the final product ready to fast freeze and put in a freezer bag. Yummy eating when I don't feel like cooking some night.
Till next time........

No comments:

Post a Comment