Friday, July 12, 2013

The House on the Strand.......

I wonder how many of you have read books by Daphne Du Maurier. In the 1960's I read a good many of her books. I found one of her older books at a rummage sale and I just HAD to buy it. It was a stretch from her other books, but still interesting. This books takes you on the exploits of a man and his mentor through Hallucinogens. The hallucinogenic episodes take place in the 14th century and are the same for both men. Needless to say, they become obsessed to seek knowledge about the people and places of the time they were seeing.  There is a twist in the story several chapters from the end. Definitely not something you were expecting. Although this is not the type of story I would seek out, it did hold my interest. 
Daphne du Maurier was born on May 13, 1907, in London, England and died at age 81, on April 19, 1989, at her home in Cornwall, England. It was a great literary loss to be sure. You will find a complete list of her works at Daphne du Maurier Books
Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment