Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Cheddar Bacon Onion Spread......

Every so often I hit upon a recipe that everyone likes. It did take a bit of trial and error though. My first attempt at this recipe was loaded with calories. So I decided instead of a cup of mayonnaise, I would use the sour cream with just a little mayonnaise. It worked out great and was just as good. No one missed the extra mayonnaise. I for one, don't need any extra calories; but I love a good cheese spread.


  


Cheddar Bacon Onion Dip
6 oz cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup sour cream
1/4 to 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Nice pinch of cayenne pepper
3 slices bacon, fried crisp, crumbled
3 small scallions, sliced thin
Beat first 5 ingredients and mix in last 2 ingredients.
Mix well and serve with Flips crackers, Triscuits or crackers of your choice.
Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment