Sunday, April 21, 2013

Robert's Dairy.......


An Era has disappeared. Robert’s Dairy is no longer going to be called Robert’s. The milk will be the same, but the name will be Hiland. You see, Hiland owns Robert’s now and to save on marketing costs, they are consolidating the marketing. This probably won’t matter to most of you, but you see, I’m a Robert’s brat. I was raised on Robert's products. Not only that, my folks worked for Robert’s Dairy. My Pop was a home delivery route man and retired from the dairy. My Mom was an executive secretary for many years, until she retired. I used to do my homework in their lobby, sitting on a lovely old oak bench; waiting for my Mom to get off work. So my life was very involved with this dairy and now to see the name disappear, it’s a bit nostalgic. So long Robert's Dairy and thanks for the memories, the many tours with ice cream bars and most of all the great dairy products. I won't forget you.
Till next time.……

No comments:

Post a Comment