Monday, April 22, 2013

Joy of Cooking........

This was my first of many cookbooks to come.The New Joy of Cooking, a revised edition published in 1953. Originally published in 1931, with 4,000 recipes and 1,013 pages. This book was my prized possession as a new bride. I tried new recipes from it all the time and never had a bad recipe. I so enjoyed the author’s comments about some of the recipes. I knew how to cook when I got married, but I didn’t have a large repertoire of recipes. Although I had helped in the kitchen since I was about ten years old; most of my recipes were handed down from my Mom, Gram and a few from my Aunt that I held precious in a recipe box, that was a bridal shower gift from my Gram. I didn’t branch out into the whole culinary experience till I got this book. From then on, it was "game on" to a culinary adventure for me. After finding out that the recipes in this book were pretty great, I gained even more confidence. This was always my “go to cookbook” for any questions I might have. Do you have a favorite cookbook, one that answers all your questions. If not, you might want to buy the newest edition of Joy of Cooking. There is also a Joy of Baking cookbook.
Till next time......
 

No comments:

Post a Comment