Sunday, February 24, 2013

Fried Oysters.....

I was looking out at the snow and it got me to thinking about oyster stew. Well, that thought led to a fried oyster sandwich. Top it off with some Come Back Sauce, a bit of lettuce and that is a mighty fine lunch! Fried is the only way I will eat any oyster. Dip it in flour, then an egg bath and finally in a flour/cornmeal/spice combination and there you are. Nothing better. I also like an oyster fritter sandwich. That always seemed like a lot of bread to me. A nice oyster fritter (like an oyster pancake) and then put between two pieces of bread to eat it. Yup, lots of carbs in that one! A fried oyster Po'Boy is good eating, too. That Come Back Sauce is listed on my blog as well. Just put Come Back into my search area and it will come up. It is a Mississippi sauce that is good on just about everything and makes a great dip.
Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment