Monday, November 12, 2012

Bread Stuffing....

I love bread stuffing! That said, when I found out one of my family members couldn't tolerate onions, I had to put on my thinking cap. Now bread needs flavor; we all know that. So I decided to experiment out of necessity and came up with a delicious stuffing we all enjoy. Instead of onion, I use sausage, celery, mushrooms, and cranberries to add the flavor. Sometimes I add some apple. We have found that onion is not a necessity for stuffing. So if you have a family member that is a fussy eater or their tummy just won't tolerate a certain ingredient, experiment! You may find, as I did, that you like the experiment better than the original recipe. I don't like biting into a mushroom, I just can't do it. So I mince the mushrooms very small and get the flavor, but I don't have to bite into them.
Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment