Saturday, June 16, 2012

Loons

Loons have the most enchanting sound. It is almost a haunting sound, at least I think so. Ever since I saw "On Golden Pond", I have been fascinated with them. While on vacation in Nova Scotia and other parts of Canada, I was treated to seeing them on one of the many lakes. They can stay underwater for as long as three minutes if they are frightened. So when they dive into the water, you may not see them pop up right away.



I would imagine most of you have seen On Golden Pond at least once if not more times. I can't even count the number of times I have seen it. It is a rare movie and if not a classic, it should be. But one of the things I enjoyed, besides the interaction between Katherine Hepburn and Henry Fonda, was the sound of the loons on the lake. I was fascinated by them.
Till next time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment