Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spicy Tartar Sauce.....

Okay, it's still Lent and I am getting tired of fish. We've had it fried, broiled, baked, and boiled. So let's spice it up a bit. I am not one that likes fish very much to start with. I eat it because it is good for me. But to make it more palatable for me, I make my own tartar sauce. I use sandwich spread, pickle relish, diced onion and a dash of cayenne pepper.  The amounts of each item is up to you. I like it mixed up fresh; so for one serving, here are approximate amounts.




 
Spicy Tartar Sauce
1 lg serving spoon of sandwich spread
1 tsp pickle relish
2 tsp diced fresh onion
A pinch of cayenne pepper.
Mix well and chill till ready to serve.
The beauty of this sauce is that it can be made fresh each time you have fish and you can adjust the ingredients to suit your own taste. Easy on the cayenne pepper, till you taste it. You can always add more, if you like it with more heat. This will definitely spice up that fish dinner. 
Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment