Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Pioneer Woman - Black Heels to Tractor Wheels......

I spent a good part of last night reading this book and finished it this afternoon. I guess I was expecting to read more about her and how she got into the food industry. That was a total misconception on my part. It was definitely Ree Drummond's story of her meeting, courtship with her husband (Marlboro Man), their wedding with all the preparations, doubts  and the birth of their first child. It was her adjustment from life in the city, to life on a working Oklahoma ranch out in the middle of nowhere. She also told of her horrific honeymoon. You must read this book to find out why it was horrific. For worst honeymoons, her's has to rank near the top! I was forewarned there was some pretty graphic stuff in the book. But I wasn't told what it was. I only found a sentence or two that one might consider graphic. If you are into love stories, I would give this a 7 on a scale of 1-10. Since I don't read a lot of love stories, my 7 is a decent rating.
Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment