Friday, March 30, 2012

Hens and Chicks......

I bought some red hens and chicks last year for my patio planters. Although they grew beautifully, they did not turn red. I was greatly disappointed. I left them out all winter as I had no place to put them inside and my Gram left her's out. So I figured they would be okay.
This spring they looked really healthy and had started to "perk" up after the long dormant winter. So I gave them a drink of water and they are looking great. They are even turning red. So maybe it takes a year for them to get their coloring. At any rate, I have a chick that "hatched" the very end of summer last year and it made it through the winter as well. Since I don't normally have a "green" thumb. I am thrilled!            Till next time...... 


No comments:

Post a Comment