Sunday, February 19, 2012

Homemade White Bread.....

How many of you have a bread machine that you thought was such a great idea when you bought it. Well, I've had one for several years and yes, I  do use it a lot. But I never really had a nice white bread recipe; that is until now. The recipe I am sharing with you is delicious, light and foolproof! Now for me to say it is "foolproof" it has to be good. I made a loaf yesterday for the first time and today I am making one for the freezer. It is THAT GOOD. Having the right temperature for the water is key. Too cold and the yeast won't work, too hot and you  "kill" the yeast. So use your thermometer and get it right. I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Bread Machine White Bread - best recipe
(Airy bread and flaky crust)
1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 (.25 ounce) package bread machine yeast (2 ½ tsp.)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon salt

Place the water, sugar and yeast in the pan of the bread machine. Let the yeast dissolve and foam for 10 minutes. Add the oil, flour and salt to the yeast. Select Basic or White Bread setting and large loaf. I always select medium crust, but that is a personal choice. Choose the crust setting you like. Then press "Start".

As with any recipe; make sure you have all your ingredients ready to go before starting. You will notice mixing the yeast, sugar and water differs from most bread machine books. But hey, this way works!! I always warm my pan with hot water, so the cold pan does not cool the temperature of the warm water for the yeast.
Till next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment