Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Calamari....

Last year I was exploring new things and new foods. I wanted to reach beyond my comfort zone. So I tried Sushi, which I posted in a previous post. I didn't care much for it. Time ran out at the end of the year, so before this year went any further, I wanted to try Calamari. You see for me, Calamari (squid) has always been fish bait and something I put on a fish hook to catch Sea Trout or Shark. So to get past the "fish bait" thinking, was not easy for me. I could not even imagine eating "fish bait"; no matter what you call it. But I bit the bullet the other night with some friends and ordered a Sampler Platter with Calamari on it. Thank goodness for the Marinara sauce that came with it. I did taste two pieces without the sauce and found it to be rather bland, as in no taste. The third piece I had with Marinara sauce. So I have accomplished what I set out to do, I did taste it. As far as I am concerned, "Been there, done that, will definitely not do it again." For all of you who like Calamari, all I can say is, "Welcome to it."
Till next time......

No comments:

Post a Comment