Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Nature

Sometimes, you just have to stop and take notice of nature. This little "lady" stopped by to say hello one morning. She was at the bottom of my screen door. It took her all day to get to the top. The fact that I was going in and out didn't seem to bother her. She stayed there all day. The next morning, she was still at the top of my door. Didn't look like she had moved a muscle. She remained there all day. I was starting to get concerned that she would starve to death before coming off the door. When I went to bed that night, she was still there. But the next morning when I opened the blinds, she had gone. Perhaps she was resting as I read they migrate great distances for food. Last week I rescued one from the bird bath. It didn't seem like it could quite jump out. So I picked it up and put it in the leaf lettuce to rest and eat.
Never be so busy that you miss out on the little things in life.
Till next time.......

2 comments:

  1. I love taking note of the little things. That's what makes life so interesting! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must have led a sheltered life. How can you tell it was a lady grasshopper? Maybe it was the smell of your wonderful cooking that it was attracted to. Poor thing must have been so disappointed not to get past your screen door that it obviously left in a huff, hopping mad to be precise.

    ReplyDelete